Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Escape to Witch Mountain 2007


The other day I had just finished reading an article about the Disney Park's mountains and a rather random thought came to me. What about their mountain movie, Escape to Witch Mountain? I remember this movie as a kid and as I went to do a couple quick searches on the net, and came up with some un-expected news. It seems that Disney has decided to do a re-make of it. I was, to say the least, a little curious. All of the references that I found all pointed to Borys Kit and the Hollywood Reporter as the source to the story. I saw zilch at the Walt Disney Company Corp. web site. So nothing confirmed. However, the director of the movie is said to be Andy Fickman. He is known for Anaconda, Reefer Madness, and She's the Man. He's also just Directed a Family Movie for Disney for 2007, The Game Plan, with The Rock. Andrew Gunn of Gunn Films will Produce. He has produced a lot of Disney movies including Sky High and both Freaky Friday movies.

From what I remember of the movie Escape to Witch Mountain, it was pretty cool. I remember wanting to have the type of powers the kids had. Heck , I was 10. I almost remember the commercials on TV leading up to the release as much as the movie. It must have been a good add campaign if I remember it today.

Hopefully this will be a lucrative endevour for the Disney Company. It would be a shame if this was the knee-jerk reaction to Harry Potter and his success though. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Ed, that was way before my time. ;)

Teri