Sunday, June 29, 2008

Andrew Stanton Wall-e Interview

I was very lucky to come across a link over at Blue Sky Disney to an interview that Capone at the Ain't It Cool News Blog had with Andrew Stanton the writer and director of Wall-e. This is a great interview as he comes across as a regular guy who has a great love of the sci-fi shows and movies of the 70’s and 80’s. The interview is great and makes me want to get out and see Wall-E as soon as possible. Here’s a link to the interview. The other bit of interesting information to come out of this interview is verification that Pixar has indeed picked up the rights to John Carter on Mars and Stanton will be directing it. Here’s a quote from the interview:
I have been a fan of those books since I was 10, and I've watched vicariously from the sidelines as it has gone from studio to studio since I was in college in the '80s. And just as fan, wanting to see it be made, and praying to God it would be done right. I thought it was truly going to get done by Jon Favreau, and the minute it fell apart, I couldn't believe it. And the timing was just right with my schedule, and I said, "I don't know, this is crazy but I'm going to see if we can get it." And here we are. Believe me, if it doesn't fall apart for other reasons, I'm going to do it right, because I have been a huge fan of those books.
Here is a link to a previous post on John Carter of Mars

No comments: