Monday, July 23, 2007

The MuppetCast Podcast

The Muppetcast podcast is a nice change of pace from the Disney Podcasts that I listen to. In my world full of Disney Podcasts, it’s nice to listen to Steven Swanson talk about all things Muppets. Steve’s podcast has been around for about 4 months and he is up to his 15th show. Back in May Steve did a Tribute show to remember the passing of Jim Henson. That was a powerful podcast. From before Sesame Street the Muppets have been around entertaining us and Steve is leading us through the various incarnations that are the Muppets. The Muppetcast has had a couple of very good interviews with Puppeteers and Artists related to the Muppets. What I have said up until now covered about half of the content that Steve puts out each week. The music and audio from video clips that he plays are outstanding and are another wonderful side to this podcast. I can’t tell you how many clips I’ve heard on his show that I have not heard for, and it pains me to say this, decades. So if you’re a Sesame Street, Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, Dark Crystal, Muppet Movie, Muppet Vision 3D, and just all things Muppets fan, then check out Steve Swanson’s MuppetCast.

No comments: